May 30, 2012

Aye yai yai... Essie ~ Olé Caliente!

Hola mi Amigas!!!  I'd like to give you a proper introduction to my go to "red" for the Summer... I have quite a few reds, but nothing quite as striking as Essie's Olé Caliente! (there is no exclamation point at the end of the name - I just feel like it needs it).  This is my current mani & was one of the 3 colors I chose to wear while on our family vacation to Mexico - how appropriate no? :)  Olé Caliente isn't a true red persay, it definitely has a bit of orange to it.  I suppose it's almost like the brightness of tangerine with red pushing itself to the forefront.  It's bright, cheerful, sexy ~ CALIENTE!!!  Say it like Puss in Boots would... These pictures were taken under indoor lighting; I know, I know, you're saying "Athena, you really need to get out more often", you're right, but with Summer looking like it's here to stay, the fact I'm home by 7 & the fact I HATE THE HEAT, sunlight pics will be hard to come by - but I will make it a priority to run out right after work to start getting those pics for ya! 
This picture details the hint of orange in it
Here's the red of Olé Caliente - LOVE IT
Tip wear close up (pretty damn good!)
My clean up is getting good :)
Olé Caliente is opaque in 2 coats, but I like to do at least 3 coats of everything.  This is topped off with good 'ol Poshe.  The pictures are actually Day 3 of wear which is amazing if you ask me!  I have started to wrap my tips as detailed by the lovely, the talented & awe inspiring ~ The Polished Perfectionist.  Her polishing techniques are flawless, be sure to check out her entire blog.  It's amazing how many more days of wear you get using her "Wrap Your Tips" technique.  I type all.day., soak my hands in soapy water while bathing my Baby, diaper changes, etc. & pretty much abuse my nails on a daily basis LOL & this has really helped.  I highly recommend it!  I also recommend The Polished Perfectionist's clean up technique detailed here. If memory serves me correctly, I believe I picked this pretty up at CVS for $8.00.  This was from Essie Spring 2012 Collection.  Hope you liked this sizzling shade... Ciao for now!