May 21, 2012

My Very 1st Haul ::tear::

Hello Lovely Ladies hope all is well with you... I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack... so sorry to have left for almost a month - sheesh - sorry about that.  Took some time out for a family vacation & busy getting back into the groove of things :) ACK!!!  Big news for me --> The lovely Laura over at Polish All the Nails actually featured me, little old just getting my blog started me as a guest poster for her blog.  She is the expert at hand placed glitter, blows me away.  I aspire to have her patience & come up with designs 1/2 as pretty as hers :) She decided to take some time off to spend with her family & asked for guest bloggers.  I volunteered, she said yup & the rest is history <3 Here is the actual link to my post Check it out!! Thanks again for the chance to guest blog for you Laura!! NOW... TO THE HAUL!!!

At least I *think* it constitutes as a haul?  I bought 8 bottles of nail polish in 6 days - haul yes?  Here are the deets:
  • Essie ~ Pink-a-Boo
  • Essie ~ Turquoise & Caicos
  • Butter London ~ Disco Biscuit
  • Butter London ~ No More Waity, Katie
  • Layla Holographic Effect ~ Coral Glam
  • Layla Holographic ~ Flash Black
  • China Glaze ~ Flip Flop Fantasy
  • China Glaze Crackle Glitter ~ Glam-more
Phew... I did some damage & am so happy - unfortch can't say the same thing about my Husband.  LOL, I have worn only 2 of the 8 so far.  First up to review is - Essie Pink-a-Boo!!  Did I scare ya?  If my "Boo" didn't, then my hang nail is sure to do so.  LMAO Please bear with me.  I swear I push back & remove cuticles (1st time ever this past weekend) & I cut hang nails (although I hate calling them that!) But, there it is, in all of it's ugly glory on my middle finger :( Sorry... just disregard...

This was tough for me to photograph, I was never much of a macro user on my camera & now I'm being forced to figure it out.

According to Essie Pink-a-Boo is:  A sheer pink w/ glittery sparkle.  Could have used a little more of a description, whatevs.  It is very sheer, but after 4 coats this is the opacity I was able to achieve.  I like it.  It's a pale, soft, pretty pink with very fine micro blue glitter.  There are other flashes of color as well, red, gold & purple.  But as I said, these pictures do it no justice.  I got compliments on it, but unless you see it up close you can't see the effect all to well :( Still, I'll be sure to use it again.  This is part of Essie's 2012 Resort Collection ~ I got this pretty lady at Ulta for $8.00.  These pictures are 4 coats of Pink-a-Boo & 1 coat of Poshe. 
Full Bottle Shot (Sunlight)


3 Fingers to show off more of the glitter (Indoors)

This is also the 1st time I've used the clean up method all the talented girls use - dipping a slanted brush in acetone & gently swiping to create a smooth line & clean up any imperfections.  Evidently I am not talented LMAO, I guess practice makes perfect!  I'll be back soon to swatch another part of my haul tomorrow!  'Til next time!!!