Jul 26, 2012

Caught My 1st Floam!!

Howdy!  I forgot to mention in my previous posts that I nearly peed on myself like an excited puppy when I arrived home from work to find a very highly anticipated package from Ninja Polish.  What was inside you ask... Floam by Nail-Venturous - but wait, there's more!  Also tucked away in the package was something I've been waiting for just as much (if not more than) Floam... Sticks 'n Stones by Cover Band!!!!!!  I jumped up & down, hooted & hollered & kept squealing "Squeeee squeeeeeee!!!" in front of my Husband, Father & Son - all looking at me like I needed an intervention.  I couldn't wait to try either so I swatched them both right away, much to my Husband's unexpected surprise LOL.  As excited as I was to try Sticks 'n Stones right away I decided to put off our 1st meeting to build up the suspense... and hit up Floam, did it live up to the hype? Let's see...
Floam - You're finally mine!!!  Muahahahahaaaaaa
4 Finger shot!!!
Close up... Lookeee that layering!!!
Virtual Love Fest of glitter on glitter


1st up - APPLICATION:  Whatcha see here is 4 coats of Floam.  I found it easy enough to work with, it glitter did tend to pull if you went over it too much - so to avoid that, don't do it ;).   
2nd - COVERAGE:  As you can see in the close up shots below, my index finger wasn't covered all the way to the tip, I'm not sure if it was because all the oodles of glitter messed with my eyes & I didn't realize it OR if it could be blamed on the Seche... ::shrugs:: I'll take better care next time.
3rd - WEAR:  Can't speak to this since I just swatched it - didn't give it a full day of wear.

Over the 4 coats of Floam, I gave it 1 thick coat of Gelous & 1 coat of Seche Vite.  I still found it felt a little bumpy, so I might hit it with 2 coats of Gelous next go round.  I love Floam in the bottle, I love it on my nails, but I'm not a HUGE blue girl & there's lots of blue in this.  I did especially love the way the glitter just mingled & layered over one another.  It's really beautiful, I just need to get over my issue with blue & we'll be good to go!  I was lucky to pick this up at Ninja Polish as soon as it came in stock.  They have such a nifty little email notification system set up - so if you want something that's out of stock now, signup & they'll let you know as soon as it's back in stock.  But you MUST be quick!  I missed out on Humble Bee by Nail-Venturous due to my Un-Ninja-like slothness.  LOL As I mentioned earlier, I was also SUPER DUPER lucky to get my hands on Sticks n' Stones by Cover Band along with Floam... which I am OBSESSED with!!!  Seriously looks good over any color.  Love, love, love!!!  I'll be back soon with a review of that.  I got them both for $9.00 & delivery was very quick!  See you soon...